Private Power Generators and Inverters (Pvt) Ltd became a registered company in October 2008 and is, with special permission, wholly owned by Private Power (Pty) Ltd of South Africa. The company was set up to become the regional distribution hub and new head office for the South African company. Private Power Generators and Inverters (Pvt) Ltd signed a long lease with Hongyu Investments (Pvt) Ltd for 1,200 square meters of warehouse space and 300 square meters of office space in Graniteside , Harare in January 2009.
Major renovations where completed before commencement of business. By May 2009 we had our own bonded warehouse, workshop, spares store, offices and boardroom. We began our business by supplying existing dealers of generators in Zimbabwe at first and within three months we had customers as far as the DRC, Mozambique and Zambia.
In the space of less than two years, Private Power Generators and Inverters (Pvt) Ltd has become possibly the largest importer, exporter, distributor and supporter of generators in Zimbabwe. In 2008 and early 2009 simply being able to finance and hold a huge and comprehensive range of generator stock in the country was enough to give Private Power a leading edge, but today there is much more that makes us number one.
Key to our success has been our investment in and focus on ancillary services and after sales service. We believe that selling generators is very different from selling household appliances and accessories.
To get the maximum useful service from a generator it needs to be serviced by qualified technicians. When customers are spending over a thousand dollars on a single item, they need to know, not only that they can have their unit serviced, repaired or replaced during their warranty period, but that for years thereafter, they will be able to call on their seller to provide reliable, efficient and capable service technicians, with intimate knowledge of their product. In addition these customers expect their seller to carry an extensive range of spare parts so that, for a fraction of the cost of a new machine, they will be able to keep their old machine working. Customers who can afford backup power usually have high costs of machine downtime, thus making the efficiency and rapid response time of their backup service providers of utmost importance.
In addition, Private Power has made every effort to remain a true distributor, operating on small margins thereby giving our products a huge price advantage in the marketplace, which has helped to grow sales.
WARNING! Never buy a grey import generator from a fly by night opportunist! Consumers are learning fast, what to look for when buying generators. The problem is that beacause of the poor stock available in the country at the time, they rushed into their purchasing and have found they made the wrong choice, or have bought a low quality generator.
- With the wide spread use of generators, it is only a matter of time before those using open, noisy generators will start paying fines for not adhering to noise restrictions and operating within the noise restrictions that are coming into affect.
- Many generator brands break down after less than 100 hours of using it. These products are normally not genuine and can be brought into the country from abroad for a percentage of the genuine generators.
- A large portion of people using generators chose to swith manulally to the generator power when experiencing power cuts, therby saving a lot of money on automatic switch boards. This is not only a lengthly process but can be very dangerous, if not done properly. They could recieve a nasty shock or destroy their newly bought generator.
- Prople sometimes run small generators that are nor powerful enough to regulate the supplied voltage when the curcuit draws more current than the generator can handle. This can destroy much of the electronic equipment in their business or home.
- Many people place the generator on an uneven base, and because they are not meant to run on anything but a flat, level base, the generator will become damaged and not run properly.
- Most companies sell generators without instaling them for the customer. This is very inconvenient, and can lead to the generator being installed badly, damaging the generator and electrical equipment inside the house/business and damage the cuircuits themselves.
Our customers at Private-Power will not experience any of the problems mentioned above, as we supply them with a complete full turn-key solution to their generator need. We give our clients the correct generator supply, along with full instalation and training on how to properly use the generator set. We also supply the following:
- Property load testing and expert advise on the correct generator model
- The highest quality generator, backed up by a massive manufacturer and well reputable supplier.
- An insulating weather and sound proof canopy to protect and quieten the running generator.
- Aoutomatic Voltage Regulator (AVR) that shuts the generator down automatically when it draws too much current, rather than risking your electrical equipment by providing more current at lower voltages.
- Automatic Start and Stop (ATS) prevents human error by having both the utility electricity on as well as the generator, but only starts running the generator once the electricity trips. This is very convenient and much safer.
- Delivery, preparation of the base and proper positioning.
- A certified electrical connection between power supply and generator.
- Full 1 year guarantee or up till 1000 operating hours.
We supply service and parts, and an after sale service plan is available to our customers as well.
We supply and install 14 different models of Kipor silent and ultra silent diesel backup generators. The units all have low rpm, diesel engines that are water cooled and have between one and six cylinders.
The generators are connected into the electricity supply line between the meter box, usually at the boundary of the property, and the mains board of the property. This is always carried out by a certified electrician.
The generators come in single and three ohase options, depending on the model and power generation resulting in different amps per phase for different models of generator. When chosing a generator, buy one that supplies just more than the max amps draen on any one of the pahses when all electronic equipment is being used in the building. By doing this we ensure that the generator always operates within the maximum rated output level and that you will always have enough power to run the electronic equipment.
All Kipor generators hold theISO 9001 and EPA emission certifications. These certifications makes them SABS approved.
Optional ervices we offer:
• After sale service plans
• Country-wide delivery
• Special rigging as needed
• Concrete slab laying and preparation
• Electrical connections with COC
• Delivery of diesel
• Rental options and agreements
|Private Power Zimbabwe will be storing most of its stock in bond, and will easily be able to send stock to nearby cross border markets for generators, including Lusaka and the copper belt in Zambia, Lubumbashi in the DRC, Southern Malawi and Northern Mozambique.
Private Power Press Release